How to Make the Most Righteous Half-Batch Vegan Chocochip Cookies! (adapted and veganized from Small Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers by Debbie Maugans)
- 3 T Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread (10 seconds in the mircrowave if cold)
- 3 T Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 T Granulated White Sugar
- 1 T EnerG Egg Replacer (I make the recipe for a full “egg” and only take a tablespoon out of that prepared mix)
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/8 t Baking Soda
- 1/8 t Kosher Salt
- a generous handful of vegan chocochips
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray some non-stick cooking spray onto a cookie sheet
2. Cream the butter and sugars in a medium-sized bowl by hand. Since the recipe is so small, using your mixer is overkill
3. Add the 1 T of EnerG Egg Replacer and vanilla to the creamed mix and give it a hearty stir
4. Mix the flour, soda and salt in a small bowl and add this mixture to the creamed mix until the flour is incorporated well and makes a dough
5. Toss in a hand full of dairy-free chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Divide the batter into 4 fatty-sized cookies and space them evenly on the sheet.
6. In my oven, they bake for about 11 minutes. Use a range of 9-13 minutes, depending on the speed and heat of your oven. You want them to be slightly brown around the edges so it has a crispy exterior and a nice, gooey center. Yummy!!!
7. Place on a cooling rack and try to let them sit for 10 minutes (nobody wants to burn their face off!)
8. I recommend you consume these beauties with a cup of strong coffee!